CEWIL Canada Research Grant(s) & Submission Guide
CEWIL Canada Research Grant(s)
The CEWIL Research Grant(s) (value up to: $5000 CDN each) was established in 2006 to promote research that helps to strengthen the development of co-operative education and work-integrated learning across Canada. The field of co-operative education and work-integrated learning benefits from research that provides a deeper understanding of what engages, encourages, and enriches students, faculty, employers, and staff, as well as studies which analyze various co-op and WIL practices and their outcomes. The grant is available to all co-op and WIL practitioners and researchers.
Why should you consider applying?
- Connect and collaborate with colleagues across Canada
- Produce and share meaningful co-operative education or work-integrated learning research
- Obtain expert feedback, support and motivation to move forward with your ideas
- Build co-operative education and work-integrated learning credibility within your own institution
- Elevate you and your institution’s involvement in co-operative education and work-integrated learning
- Provide a jumpstart for analysis and action in your own co-op or WIL program
- Extend your continuing education (Masters, PhD) research in new directions
- Contribute to CEWIL and Canada’s leadership in the domain of work-integrated learning and co-operative education.
Please note: Overhead costs are ineligible expenses for this research grant.
Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning Canada (CEWIL) seeks to foster research activity that will advance and enhance co-operative education and work-integrated learning across Canada. Research will strengthen the development of these programs as a learning model, stimulate professional discourse, and help build bridges between practitioners and the academic research community. As part of this mandate CEWIL, formerly CAFCE, established the grant in 2006. By establishing this grant, CEWIL is better able to:
- Identify, promote, and support co-operative education and work-integrated learning research activity
- Connect practitioners' needs to potential research opportunities
- Link co-operative education and work-integrated learning researchers across Canada and globally
- Mentor those conducting co-op and WIL research projects and inspire others to consider such projects
Download: CEWIL Research Grant Submission Guide
Submissions are now open!
Please submit your electronic copy of the proposal to the Research Committee Member, Christine Arsenault. The submission deadline is Thursday, April 30, 2020.