Mission and Objectives
Our mission is to foster and advance post-secondary co-operative education and work-integrated learning in Canada.
|Develop resources to promote the highest quality of post-secondary co-operative education and work-integrated learning Programs||Establish national standards and promote the value of post-secondary co-operative education and work-integrated learning|
|Foster the community of practice through collaboration||Deliver opportunities for learning and sharing of best practices|
To be the voice for post-secondary co-operative education and work-integrated learning in Canada.
Goal #1: Accreditation
Promote the value of accreditation as a means to enhance post-secondary co-operative education and work-integrated learning in Canada.
- Improve communication and promote to our members
- Provide mentorship for institutions considering accreditation
- Explore other ways to support institutions through the accreditation process
Goal #2: Capacity Building
Develop and implement a plan to increase our capacity to achieve our goals and deliver value to our members.
- Create a plan to make the best use of our finances and ensure the future stability of the organization.
- Develop programs to increase volunteer participation and support by a broader group of members.
- Invest in appropriate databases/information systems to support our goals.
Goal #3: Professional Development & Membership Services
Expand professional development opportunities and membership services.
- Increase PD, sharing of best practices, networking
- Capitalize on international partnerships/alliances
- Address geographical barrier
- Explore possibility of professional designation and/or enhanced training
- Increase the value of membership
Goal #4: Marketing
Develop and implement a marketing and communications plan to enhance our position as the national voice for co-operative education and work-integrated learning.
- National presence / awareness
- Government Awareness
- Member communication; info updates; promoting benefits; engaging members to embrace CEWIL Canada
Goal #5: Membership
Attract and engage more members.
- Better communicate the value of membership
- Increase memberships at existing member institutions
- Increase member engagement in CEWIL Canada
- Increase member satisfaction in CEWIL Canada
CEWIL Canada NEEDS YOU!
To achieve these five goals, we call for all of CEWIL Canada members to volunteer on a Committee. Check out the opportunities to serve your fellow members by checking out the Member Volunteer Opportunities.