As the provincial government pushes to expand upon the co-op, internship and other placement programs offered by post-secondary institutions, staff, legal counsel and employers are increasingly spending time on a host of legal issues.
This full-day program will ensure that anyone involved in a Work Integrated Learning program has:
- A clearer understanding of the law as it applies to their students in the areas of: employment standards, health & safety, human rights, intellectual property, employment insurance and immigration law
- Clarity around what health & safety training needs to be provided to a student before a placement, who should provide it and what insurance protection is in place in the event of a workplace accident
- Knowledge around the human rights protections and challenges surrounding placements including around issues such as: police records checks, disclosure of mental health and disability
- An understanding of the challenges that exist around accommodations and a better grasp around whose responsibility it is to provide those supports
The goal for the day is that everyone leaves with best practices they can immediately put to use in their programs and we begin the discussion around the future of Work Integrated Learning in Canada: where do we go from here?
- Date & Time: February 15, 2018 | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST
- Location: Osgoode Professional Development Centre | 1 Dundas St. W., 26th Floor Toronto, ON
- Fee per Delegate: $395 plus HST
- CAFCE Members discount code: 00-WIL. You will be prompted to enter the discount code once you add the course to your Online Cart.
Fees include attendance, program materials, continental breakfast, lunch and break refreshments. Group discounts are available. Please inquire about financial assistance.
Group Discounts for CLE Programs
Please note that the group discount is only available when paying for members of the same organization, at the same time, and payment is made with one invoice.
We will make every effort to present the program as advertised, but it may be necessary to change the date, location, speakers or content with little or no notice. In the event of program cancellation, York University and Osgoode Hall Law School’s liability is limited to reimbursement of paid fees.
Cancellations and Substitutions
Substitution of registrants is permitted at any time. If you are unable to find a substitute a full refund (less $75 administration fee) is available if a cancellation request is received in writing 14 days prior to the program date. No other refund is available.
Have questions? Read our FAQs.
Questions on program registration?
Please contact the Registration Team at email@example.com
Questions on the program content?
Please contact the Program Lawyer:
Myrsini Zacharakis at firstname.lastname@example.org