Work Experience Coordinator - Marketing
Academic Support VIII
Competition Number: 9441DM
Reporting to the Work Experience Supervisor, this position will responsible for representing the Institution, and program to multiple stakeholders. The incumbent will establish, maintain, and enhance the co-operation necessary among employers, students and faculty to ensure that all partners benefit from participating in the Work Experience component of the Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing Degree.
- Develop and implement a strategic local, regional, and national marketing plan in order to contact and engage targeted employers to hire work term students for quality work term settings/opportunities;
- Sourcing, developing, and maintaining employer-client relationships to ensure continued participation in the work experience component of the degree;
- Building and maintaining effective student relationships and engagement, which include: meeting with students 1:1 and in group settings, delivering an in class professional development course that prepares students to respond to the labour market and guide them in (including but not limited to) preparing resumes and cover letters, self-assessment, interviews, portfolios, and networking and self-marketing tools; and
- Liaising with faculty to collaborate on program progress, and student development practices that inform and support outcomes-focused learning.
- Bachelors degree in a related field such as Human Resources, Marketing, or Adult Education in combination with 3 – 5 years of relevant marketing experience ideally coupled with applicable work experience in recruitment, training, employment development and work-based learning programs;
- Familiarity with a broad variety of Marketing related industry sectors, organizations, and opportunities;
- Demonstrates an above average interpersonal and collaborative skills with the ability to work effectively with multiple program stakeholders including students, faculty, employers, and the Career Services Department;
- Proven ability to work both independently and within a self-managed team environment;
- High aptitude for analysis, decisiveness, problem-solving, and attention to detail in conjunction with excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and classroom/ group facilitation skills;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite software and Google Apps; Contract Management Software experience would be considered an asset; and
- Must have access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license, limited local travel may be required.
Salary: $2,455.75-2,554.38 Semi-Monthly
Closing Date: December 19, 2016
Reply To: Mount Royal University
Department of Human Resources