This Business Development position is a part-time contract position reporting to the Manager, Co-operative Education and Internships. The incumbent works collaboratively with the Co-operative Education team and Faculty to identify and connect with new employers related to all areas of Co-op and promote Seneca's Co-operative Education as a whole.
• Conducts internet research to identify new potential co-operative education employers.
• Develops new employer contacts through varied means including, but not exclusive to, mailing/contact lists, on-site visits, telephone solicitation, and supplied leads.
• Works collaboratively with all members of the co-operative education team to develop a comprehensive understanding of all co-op programs and the related industries.
• Guides new employers to the appropriate co-op coordinator for job posting and ongoing employer relationship maintenance.
• Attends networking events, trade shows, job fairs and other events to actively promote Seneca's 50 Co-operative Education programs and identify industry specific new potential employers.
• Assists employers in evaluating present and future human resources requirements to generate appropriate Co-op jobs.
• Provides feedback to the Manager with regards to suggestions made by the employers that will impact on curriculum in terms of content or sequencing of subjects taught.
• Promotes the college in general and co-operative education programs by making formal presentations to business and industrial groups, service clubs, etc.
• Minimum 3 year diploma / degree in Human Resources, Marketing, or Business Administration or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in job development, business development, education/training, career counselling, recruitment, human resources, marketing or student services.
• Knowledge of the Canadian labour market is required.
• Excellent business writing and oral communication skills are essential.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required along with the ability to write for both print and electronic media.
• Strong marketing/presentation skills are required to successfully promote Seneca College and its co-op students, to external employers and organizations.
• Strong research skills, combined with an understanding and ability to work with alternate research methodologies is required.
• Knowledge of co-operative education, College structure, policies and procedures is an asset.
• Must be a self-starter and self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize and work both independently and as a team, with minimum supervision, using own initiative to make decisions in accordance with College, Faculty and School policies and procedures.
• Must have strong skills and experience in customer service; and time, process and stress management.
• Access to a reliable vehicle for some travel is required.
CONTRACT PERIOD: April, 2014 to March 2015
HOURS: Up to 24 hours/week
For more information on how to apply, please see the following PDF: