2019 Professional Development Conference & Symposium
Supporting Future Skills and the Future of Work and Learning
Hello CEWIL Members,
Education at Work Ontario (EWO) and Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning (CEWIL) Canada are pleased to announce that registration for this year’s Professional Development Conference & Symposium is now open!
Join us at the University of Ottawa on Tuesday, June 18th and Wednesday, June 19th to engage in conversations on the evolving world of experiential education.
This year’s conference is designed to benefit professionals in the field of work-integrated learning (WIL). We hope you will join us to take advantage of opportunities to build your professional network and exchange ideas and best practices.
As we strive to support the evolution of future skills and the future of work and learning, this conference will feature:
- Keynote speakers. Hear keynote addresses from Patrick Borbey and Dr. Norah McRae. Topics will cover recruiting and building an inclusive and diverse workforce and culture, as well as the future of work and learning.
- Breakout sessions. Enjoy a selection of professional development sessions led by EWO and CEWIL members who want to share their best practices in the field of work-integrated learning.
- Future skills panel discussion. Members will hear directly from government representatives, co-op and WIL employers, students and EWO/CEWIL members as we discuss varied perspectives on future skills development.
- Welcome Reception & Networking Dinner. Attend a welcome reception and networking dinner on the evening of Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at Algonquin College's new Mamidosewin Centre, featuring a keynote address from Dr. Paulette Tremblay. If you wish to join us for this exclusive event, please purchase your ticket at the same time as your conference registration.
- EWO Annual General Meeting. EWO members are invited to join us on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Learning Crossroads, University of Ottawa.
View our full conference agenda and breakout session schedule for additional details.
Register now! Early bird registration rates are available for EWO and CEWIL members until Friday, April 12, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Member prices will increase at all ticket levels after discounted pricing ends.
We look forward to seeing you!