Employment Duration: Temporary Full Time
Location: Simon Fraser University, Burnaby Campus
Closing Date: January 6 2020
The Project Manager Experiential Education plans, implements and evaluates experiential education projects. The position creates interest, identifies opportunities for new programming, builds relationships and provides program development support across the institution in order to enable the advancement of students identifying, developing and articulating skill development, ultimately improving the quality of student learning experiences and graduate outcomes. The position supports the Future Skills Innovation Network (FUSION), a national network of Canadian universities focused on exploring innovative experiential education opportunities and skill development for the future economy.
- Master's degree in Education or a related field, and five years of related post-secondary experience developing, implementing, evaluating, and managing curricular or co-curricular programs, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of educational theory principles of effective practice and skills development for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Experiential Education programming in a post secondary environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the scholarship of teaching and learning, curriculum development and work-related skill development through curricular and co-curricular means and ability to advance practices grounded in this scholarship.
- Excellent strategic planning project management, planning, administrative, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively lead and collaborate on cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams in higher education to develop and achieve shared goals and manage competing priorities.
- Knowledge of best practices in assessment and evaluation of both learning and teaching.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain excellent client service and professionalism when consulting with clients.
- Skilled with organizing and planning initiatives and drafting procedures and reports.
- Ability to coordinate and oversee the work of multiple contributors on projects to ensure project goals are met.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, diplomacy, discretion, business acumen, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to understand and apply policies and procedures.
- Proficient with word processing, database, presentation, spreadsheet, email, and other standard business applications.
Assignment End Date: January 29, 2021
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.