Work Experience Coordinator - Computer Information Systems
Academic Support VIII
Full-Time, Replacement-Term to 1 Year
Competition Number: 8398DM
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Work Experience Coordinator is responsible for representing both Mount Royal University and the Co-operative Education program to multiple stakeholders by developing, implementing, coordinating, and promoting Work Experience programs. The Work Experience Coordinator will also facilitate learning and counselling to students to bridge their entry in to the workplace, manage the learning process during student work terms, and provide general development and administration support to the work experience program. The incumbent will establish, maintain, and enhance the co-operation necessary among employers, students and faculty to ensure that all partners benefit from participating in the Work Experience component of the Bachelor of Computer Information Systems degree.
Click here to visit our website for additional information on the Computer Information Systems degree and Work Experience program.
- Develop and implement a strategic local, regional, and provincial marketing plan in order to contact and engage targeted employers to hire work term students for quality work term settings/opportunities;
- Source, develop, and maintain employer-client relationships to ensure continued participation in the work experience component of the degree;
- Build and maintain effective student relationships and engagement by: meeting with students 1:1 and in group settings, delivering an in-class professional development course (one full semester) that prepares students to respond to the labour market and guides them in preparing resumes and cover letters, self-assessment, interviews, and self-marketing tools; and
- Liaise with faculty to collaborate on program progress, and student development practices that inform and support outcomes-focused learning.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field such as Human Resources, Marketing, Adult Education, or Business in combination with 3-5 years relevant marketing experience coupled with applicable work experience in recruitment, training, employment development and work-based learning programs;
- Familiarity with a broad variety of computer information systems industry sectors, organizations, and opportunities;
- Ability to work independently and ability to work effectively with multiple program stakeholders including students, faculty, employers, and the Career Services Department;
- High aptitude for analysis, decisiveness, problem-solving, and attention to detail in conjunction with excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and classroom/ group facilitation skills;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite software such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; and
- Must have access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license as limited travel may be required.
Salary: $2,455.75-2,554.38 Semi-Monthly
Closing Date: November 13, 2016
Reply To: Mount Royal University
Department of Human Resources