Work Experience Coordinator – Finance
Academic Support VIII
Term: Part-Time (21-28 hours/3-4 days per week)
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will be responsible for representing the Institution and program to multiple stakeholders. You will establish, maintain and enhance the co-operation necessary among employers, students and faculty to ensure that all partners benefit from participating in the Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance, Co-operative Education program. The incumbent will be scheduled to work 3 days per week.
- Develop and Implement a strategic local, regional, and provincial marketing plan in order to contact and engage targeted employers to hire work term students for quality work term settings/opportunities
- Source, develop, and maintain employer-client relationships to ensure continued participation in the Co-operative Education component of the degree
- Build and maintain effective student relationships and engagement, which include: meeting with students 1:1 and in group settings, delivering an in-class professional development course (1 full semester) that prepares students to respond to the labour market and guide them in (including but not limited to) self-assessment, preparing resumes and cover letters, interviews, and networking and self-marketing tools
- Liaise with faculty to understand curriculum and learning outcomes, collaborate on program progress and student development practices to meet program goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Finance, Business or Adult Education in combination with 3 – 5 years of relevant marketing experience ideally coupled with applicable work experience in recruitment, training, employment development and work-based learning programs;
- Familiarity with a broad variety of Finance related industry sectors, organizations, and opportunities;
- Demonstrates an above average interpersonal and collaborative skills with the ability to work effectively with multiple program stakeholders including students, faculty, employers, and the Career Services Department;
- Proven ability to work both independently and within a self-managed team environment;
- High aptitude for analysis, decisiveness, problem-solving, and attention to detail in conjunction with excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and classroom/ group facilitation skills;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite software and Google Apps; Contract Management Software experience would be considered an asset; and
- Must have access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license, limited local travel may be required.
To apply please visit: https://mtroyalca.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSeeker/applyTo/399