Work Experience Coordinator - (997760.1)
Location: MRU Main Campus - Calgary, AB T3E 6K6 CA (Primary)
Click here to apply.
Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mount Royal has carved out a distinct niche by offering smaller class sizes, a robust liberal education and unique undergraduate programs. Currently, nearly 14,000 credit students choose from 12 bachelor degrees and 32 majors.
Mount Royal University is located in the traditional territories of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot) and the people of the Treaty 7 region in southern Alberta, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, the Kainai, the Tsuut'ina and the Iyarhe Nakoda. We are situated on land where the Bow River meets the Elbow River. The traditional Blackfoot name of this place is "Mohkinstsis," which we now call the city of Calgary. The city of Calgary is also home to the Métis Nation.
About the Department of Career Services
Providing services that compliment and support students’ academic experience, Career Services enhances student employability through career education, employment and Co-op/work experience programs. Career Services offers a range of services and activities for students, graduates and employers.
About the Role
Reporting to a Supervisor and working with the full-time Work Experience Coordinator, this position will be responsible for representing the Institution, and program to multiple stakeholders. You will establish, maintain and enhance the co-operation necessary among employers, students and faculty to ensure that all partners benefit from participating in the Work Experience component of the Bachelor of Computer Information Systems degree. Based on funding availability this contract could expand to full-time.
This a part time position working 3 days a week for a total of 21 hours.
- Implement and support an existing strategic local, regional, and provincial marketing plan in order to contact and engage targeted employers to hire work term students for quality work term settings/opportunities
- Sourcing, developing, and maintaining employer-client relationships to ensure continued participation in the work experience component of the degree and optional co-op program
- Building and maintaining effective student relationships and engagement which may include: meeting with students 1:1 and in group settings, professional development course support and/or instruction (one full semester) that prepare students to respond to the labor market and guide them in (including but not limited to) preparing resumes and cover letters, self-assessment, interviews and self-marketing tools
- Liaising with faculty to collaborate on program progress and student development practices that inform and support outcomes-focused.
- 3 – 4 year degree or equivalent in a related field such as Computer Science, Human Resources, Marketing, Adult Education, or Business
- Possess relevant marketing experience ideally coupled with applicable work experience in one or more of the following areas: recruitment, training, employment development, career development and/or work-based learning programs preferred
- Familiarity with a broad variety of computer information systems industry sectors, organizations, and opportunities
- Ability to work effectively with multiple program stakeholders including students, faculty, employers, the department and your team
- Familiarity with post-secondary environments and career development principles are an asset
- Ability to work independently and within self-managed teams
- High aptitude for analysis, decisiveness, problem-solving and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities
- Proficiency in using Google platforms and Microsoft Office Suite software such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent communication, presentation and classroom and group facilitation skills
- Experience using any type of Contact Management Software an asset
- Must have access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license, limited travel may be required
Why Work for MRU
At Mount Royal University, we recognize that people are a combination of many intersecting identities; we work to cultivate an environment that welcomes the whole person, and harnesses the strength that is available in our diversity, creating a rich and inclusive workplace where each person's individuality is appreciated.
Mount Royal University offers a competitive total compensation package including health and dental benefits, pension, a health spending account, paid vacation, Christmas leave, personal days and a free membership to our fully equipped recreation centre.
Salary Grade: 26:1 - 2
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found
A cover letter and resume should be submitted in one .pdf formatted document. Please title your .pdf document as follows: [Job Title], [Requisition Number].pdf (ex. Coordinator, 999999.pdf).
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. After the close date, you can check on the status of your application through your Career Centre. New career opportunities arise frequently and are posted as they become available. Please check back often to view our latest postings on our Career Opportunities page. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.