Work Experience Coordinator - (998398)
Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mount Royal has carved out a distinct niche by offering smaller class sizes, a robust liberal education and unique undergraduate programs. Currently, nearly 14,000 credit students choose from 12 bachelor degrees and 32 majors.
About the Role
This is a full-time one year term to replace a maternity leave.
Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will be responsible for representing the Institution, and program to multiple stakeholders. You will establish, maintain and enhance the co-operation necessary among employers, students and faculty to ensure that all partners benefit from participating in the Work Experience/Co-operative education component of the Bachelor of Computer Information Systems degree.
- Revising and implementing an existing strategic local, regional, and provincial marketing plan in order to contact and engage targeted employers to hire work term students for quality work term settings/opportunities
- Sourcing, developing, and maintaining employer-client relationships to ensure continued participation in the work experience component of the degree and optional co-op program
- Building and maintaining effective student relationships and engagement which includes: meeting with students 1:1 and in group settings, delivering an in class professional development course (one full semester) that prepares students to respond to the labour market and guides them in (including but not limited to) preparing resumes and cover letters, self-assessment, interviews and self-marketing tools
- Liaising with faculty to collaborate on program progress, and student development practices that inform and support outcomes-focused learning
- Possess three to five years relevant marketing experience ideally coupled with applicable work experience in one or more of the following areas: recruitment, training, employment development, career development and/or work-based learning programs preferred
- Post-secondary degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Human Resources, Marketing, Adult Education, or Business
- Familiarity with a broad variety of computer information systems industry sectors, organizations, and opportunities
- Ability to work effectively with multiple program stakeholders including students, faculty, employers, the department and your team
- Ability to work independently and within self-managed teams
- High aptitude for analysis, decisiveness, problem-solving and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities
- Proficiency in using Google platforms, Microsoft Office Suite software such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Excellent communication, presentation and classroom and group facilitation skills
- Experience using any type of Contact Management Software an asset
- Must have access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license, limited travel may be required
Why Work for MRU
At Mount Royal University, we recognize that people are a combination of many intersecting identities; we work to cultivate an environment that welcomes the whole person, and harnesses the strength that is available in our diversity, creating a rich and inclusive workplace where each person's individuality is appreciated.
Mount Royal University offers a competitive total compensation package including health and dental benefits, pension, a health spending account, paid vacation, Christmas leave, personal days and a free membership to our fully equipped recreation centre.
Starting salary: $2,455.75 - $2,554.38 semi-monthly
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found