Job Title: Technology Coordinator
Full time: 35 hrs per week
Administrative Support VII
Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University has built a reputation on a strong, liberal education foundation. Our vision is to provide an exceptional undergraduate educational experience for our students.
We are a community of engaged citizens, providing personalized, experiential and outcome-based learning in an environment of inclusion, diversity and respect. Through our focus on teaching and learning informed by scholarship, we are preparing our graduates for success in their careers and lives.
Mount Royal University presently offers 12 four-year baccalaureate degrees with 32 majors, with a view to grow this mix to 15 degrees and 50 majors by 2025. Current degree offerings are unique, and include four-year bachelor degrees in interior design, midwifery, child studies and health and physical education, as well as arts, criminal justice, business administration, communication, computer information systems, education, nursing and science. Mount Royal also offers robust continuing education programming as well as an internationally-renowned music conservatory.
More than 13,000 credit students attend Mount Royal University annually, with more than 90,000 Mount Royal alumni contributing to their communities worldwide.
Our faculty provide a teaching and learning environment that welcomes challenging ideas. Our staff are dedicated to supporting our campus so that students are provided with an exceptional educational experience. Our management team provides leadership throughout the University, and inspires others at all levels to be leaders in their own important sectors.
In support of our students, and in response to our broader community, we know that investing in our employees benefits the University as a whole. Talented and committed employees are the driving force behind student success. Our faculty, staff and management are united in creating a thriving learning environment for our students.
Mount Royal University is an exceptional community focused on our people.
About the Department of Career Services
Providing services that compliment and support students’ academic experience, Career Services enhances student employability through career education, employment and Co-op/work experience programs. Career Services offers a range of services and activities for students, graduates and employers.
About the Role
Reporting to a Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing support and assistance in the development and implementation of strategic technological directives within the Career Services Department. This involves ensuring that all department staff are using technology to support their roles in the most efficient way possible in accordance with Department policy, University direction and standards while maintaining integrity of the department database application. This position works in close cooperation with the Career Services Director, Operations Coordinator, Design and Technology Coordinator and the MRU Information Technology Services Department to ensure the efficient information management and use of technology to support business processes and objectives.
- Support the Career Services Leadership Team and work closely with ITS department to manage existing and implement new technology for the department.
- Work with department leadership and teams to develop technology strategies and action plans to address external client (student and employer) needs and issues
- Administration, documentation, enhancement and maintenance of department database application
- Coordinate technology needs, provide database training, technology troubleshooting and support for a department of over 30 staff
- Analyze data, documents, business processes and workflow to interpret business needs and translate those effectively into technical and operational requirements
- Make recommendations and implement policies and procedures related to the day-to-day business concerning the department database, technology and other business procedures to support contact management, customer service and recruitment processes
- Collaborate in planning, development, writing and editing of operational procedures and manuals
- Review, recommend and assist in implementing records management best practices
- Lead or participate in team-based projects or department/institutional committees contributing to technology & business objectives as required
- Provide routine trouble shooting and instruction regarding office equipment such as phones, computers and printers
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent related credential
- 3-5 years of experience in application management and technology support
- Demonstrated technical writing skills: writing technical documents such as user manuals, training materials and technical cheat sheets for various applications
- Experience in delivering effective end-user training
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (create pivot tables, use formulas, create pick lists, convert text to columns, use conditional formatting, etc.)
- Proven experience trouble-shooting technical issues and providing customer service and support with various technical systems and software
- Experience and comfort in liaising with clients at various levels of authority within the business and university community
- Creative problem-solving skills in identifying technology solutions to business needs of multiple department service teams combined with various stakeholders including employer, student, and faculty
- Proven track record in effectively collaborating with business and technical teams to lead strategic technology initiatives and projects
- Ability to meet deadlines; strong organization skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects while considering impacts on core business, availability of resources, and timing within the academic year
- Dynamic verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas and solutions to all stakeholders including users, clients (students and employers), management and developers, in clear understandable language
- Experience working with G Suite (Google Applications)
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus on complex tasks in a dynamic office environment
- Ability to work both independently and on various teams/working groups
- Experience working in a network environment and with cloud computing solutions
- Experience within a post-secondary setting and using Banner software and Orbis, experiential learning management software
- Experience and/or certification in information and records management and demonstrated knowledge of records management best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber security best practices
- Knowledge of FOIP and privacy best practices – in particular as it pertains to electronic records management
Salary: $2269.71 Semi-monthly (Salary Grade 24 1-2)
Closing Date: Position will close when a suitable candidate is found.
To apply please visit: https://mtroyalca.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/403.