Sr. Manager, Engineering Co-operative Internship Program
Ryerson University's Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) is seeking a strategic professional in co-operative internship programs, experiential learning and creating partnerships with industry and social profit organizations. Working with the Director, Strategy and Communications, this position will implement, coordinate and manage the operations of the Faculty’s experiential learning portfolio that includes mandatory and optional co-operative internship programs, zone learning, undergraduate research assistantships and student teams with emphasis on the optional engineering co-operative internship programs.
As a Senior Manager, Engineering Co-operative Internship Program, you will provide leadership and ensure service excellence and operational effectiveness with policies, protocols and operational processes while working closely with Departments, Zones, Centres and Research Clusters, as well as central Career Centre and the Office of Co-operative Education. You will manage and provide leadership to the staff of the Engineering Co-operative Internship Program Office to meet goals and objectives. You will work in partnership with academic departments leaders served by the Engineering Co-operative Internship Program Office, students within the experiential learning programs; the Director, Strategy and Communications, and departmental program staff to support the needs of the students and the program.
The Ideal Candidate Profile
- Successful completion of a post-secondary engineering/business degree or relevant field
- A minimum of six (6) years’ prior experience and success in creating and implementing co-op or internship opportunities for students through outreach, prospecting and developing partnerships with senior management from targeted industries and organizations.
- Experience in implementing initiatives to enhance the student experience with industries and to prepare them for success in interviews, co-op, internship, experiential learning opportunities (lecture series, networking opportunities, coaching, mentoring)
- Experience in managing day-to-day operations and administration, preferably within an engineering, academic or related field, including managing unionized staff.
- Experience in managing the effective development, implementation and management of a customer relationship management system.
- Demonstrated experience in managing promotions and planning, preparing and managing the budget, ensuring financial and statistical reporting and conducting research initiatives
- Experience with managing staff, including hiring, assessing training needs, creating development plans
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, including report and proposal writing, delivering presentations and general correspondence
Please apply to the Ryerson Careers page at www.ryerson.ca/jobs by May 5, 2017.