Job Summary/Basic Function:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative and support services to the Centre for Workplace Education by:
- Assisting with the day-to-day administration.
- Monitoring and collecting information and data regarding co-op student enrollment and placements for the provision of detailed statistical information to government agencies and professional association(s).
- Provides computer and database maintenance and coordinating services to staff in the Workplace Education Offices by:
- Providing database system support and training for various users.
- Troubleshooting database problems, and recommending upgrades and improvements to the database system as required.
- Developing and managing data on a large relational database tracking system including staff training, researching and populating the database with potential employers, maintaining, updating and monitoring a database of workplace education employers and students.
- Preparing a variety of correspondence and reports as requested, using various spreadsheet, word processing, database management systems and other applicable information software such as BANNER student information system, Cognos, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Provides administrative support to the coordinators and the Program Head by:
- Screening calls, scheduling appointments, and handling mail.
- Arranging meetings as required including scheduling, room bookings, catering, agenda packages, and minutes, as required.
- Providing clerical support as required (i.e., photocopying, filing, faxing, distributing materials, and ordering materials and supplies).
- Provides day-to-day administrative and secretarial services to the Workplace Education Office by:
- Receiving in-person, email and telephone inquiries and responding to inquiries by providing information, rerouting inquiries as required, or taking appropriate action in related matters received from internal and external callers/visitors, including students, staff and industry contacts (employers, associations, government officials, etc.) as required.
- Maintaining centre files (manual and computerized).
- Assisting with the overall promotion activities and marketing activities of workplace education programs at BCIT including recruitment events, direct mailing and faxing for marketing purposes.
- Reconciliation of invoices.
- Composing, designing and word processing various types of documents, including correspondence, brochures, forms, proposals, materials, etc.
- Undertakes related duties as assigned, consistent with the job grade of this position.
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Grade 12, plus completion of one-year post-secondary education in business administration, computer applications or marketing, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum two years general office experience plus one years experience in an administrative position preferably in an educational environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use in ALL Office 2000 applications and specifically database application programs, Internet applications, including web page development and maintenance.
- Experience using BANNER student and Cognos would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills.
- Accurate keyboarding of 50 wpm.
- Demonstrated ability to meet changing priorities; works to deadlines while making responsible decisions within established guidelines.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A high degree of initiative is required with a positive and proactive approach to facilitating the day-to-day operations.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.