Reporting to MiHR’s Senior Director, Employment and Diversity Initiatives, the Manager, Employment Initiatives will be responsible for designing, managing, delivering and evaluating various employment-related programs. Responsibilities include leading the planning and implementation of employment initiatives including wage-subsidy programs.
• Engages with employers and other industry stakeholders to participate in and support workforce initiative programs
• Designs, manages and monitors program activities to ensure high quality deliverables on time and on budget
• Contributes to the development of processes, systems, policies and procedures required for employment programs
• Develops project-related content and products with internal marketing team
• Conducts project management including: planning and activity scheduling; engagement and management of consulting services, project monitoring and reporting and identifying/mitigating project risks in accordance with the policies and procedures
• Identifies and participates in relevant industry events to promote various MiHR initiatives
• Plans, organizes and facilitates committee meetings and provides support to committee members as needed
• Establishes key performance measurement strategies to monitor the effectiveness of individual activities
• Conducts primary and secondary research and HR policy analysis, as required
• Supports the identification and securing new sources of funding and activities relating to HR and policy research
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Commerce or equivalent, preferably at the master’s level
• Experience in project management
• Experience conducting industry outreach and employer engagement activities
• Sound understanding of human resources disciplines, trends and research
• 3-5 years of mining industry experience or experience in conducting and interpreting qualitative and quantitative social science research
• Strong communication (report writing), presentation, facilitation and collaborative skills. (Experience with social media is considered an asset.)
• Ability to present research findings to external audiences and stakeholders
• Experience managing social science / primary research activities
• Strong computer skills include MS Office products, data management, Internet research, etc.
• Ability to work individually and in a team environment
• Ability to work in both French and English is considered an asset.
Career Level: Experienced
Salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per annum
Application Deadline: 09/30/2018
To apply please click here.