The goal of the Manager, Co-operative Education is to ensure maximal benefit to students, employers, and the University from participation in Co-operative Education. Each stakeholder will have different expectations, but the central responsibility of the Manager, Co-operative Education is to liaise with all parties, where possible and appropriate, and enable the productive stimulation and growth of the individual relationships at many levels.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning, the Manager, Co-operative Education is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing annual departmental co-op employer development strategy and strategic planning for recruiting new co-op employers
- Administration of co-op programs meeting the needs of students, employers and faculty and understanding accessibility issues relevant to career development and transition to the workplace
- Ensuring process and policy consistency across co-op programs
- Management of the Co-op Coordinator team and determination of service standards, measurement, and assessment
- Sharing information and relationship building between Experiential Learning Hub staff and Co-op Faculty Advisors, with emphasis on the Co-op Coordinator relationships with faculty
- Appropriate education and orientation programs are provided for co-op students in preparation for the workplace and career development strategies that support Coordinators in the development of education programs
- Reporting and interpreting information from senior management meetings, managing, supervising and chairing employer development meetings
Requirements of the position include:
- Undergraduate degree (Masters preferred), in a related field and several years of relevant experience in developing, delivering and managing quality post-secondary experiential learning programs (Co-op, Career Development, Employment Services)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including marketing, account development and management skills, public speaking and public relations
- Sound knowledge in organizational leadership and management in post-secondary institutions, with well-developed supervisory skills and the ability to motivate staff members
- Demonstrated leadership ability in working well with others in addition to crisis management and conflict resolution skills
This appointment is regularly performed on- campus but will be initially fulfilled remotely (off-campus) until the University resumes its regular operations.
For full job details and to apply, click here.