|Position Title||Information & Operations Assistant|
|Department/Unit||Faculty of Management - General|
|Employee Group||NSGEU Local 77|
|Position Type||Regular, On-Going|
|Duration of Contract (if applicable)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Full-time Equivalency (FTE)||1.0|
|Salary||$39,173 - $47,772 per annum (32.5 hours per week)|
This is a provisional classification. Formal classification procedures will be initiated by the Compensation & Job Evaluation Unit in approximately six months.
|About Dalhousie University||
Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada’s leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region’s intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 19,000 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that celebrated 200 years of academic excellence in 2018
Management Career Services (MCS) provides work-integrated learning opportunities and career education for students in the Corporate Residency MBA, Bachelor of Commerce Co-op, Bachelor of Management and supports various career education programming for students in other graduate programs within the Faculty of Management. Reporting to the Operations Manager, Management Career Services, the Information & Operations Assistant provides customer service to students and employer partners of the Faculty of Management.
- Provide superior customer service, and support to all employer partners engaged in the hiring of students and graduates of the programs serviced by Management Career Services.
- Utilize prescribed processes to approve employer myCareer account requests.
- As deemed appropriate by Management Career Services employer service standards, create new job postings, within myCareer on behalf of employer partners.
- Respond to or forward, as appropriate, all e-mail messages sent to the general email account for Management Career Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) in a timely manner.
- Prepare data and generate reports for weekly team meetings, job postings, work term records, funding programs, awards, insurance coverage, international work terms, student work term weeks required, employer ratings and funding programs.
- Perform, on a backup basis during absences, and assist during peak work periods, with the time-sensitive duties of the Administrative and Operations Assistant.
Completion of a two-year diploma in a related field such as Library and information Technology, or Business/Office Administration, plus three years’ related experience (or an equivalent combination of training and experience) is required. Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel required. Experience with Access would be considered an asset. Must have excellent demonstrated customer service skills. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential. Prior experience working with students preferred, as well as the ability to communicate with and understand the needs of a diverse student population.
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plans, a health spending account, an employee and family assistance program and a tuition assistance program.
Bargaining unit employees for NSGEU local 77 are given first consideration and will be notified regarding the status of their application. All other applicants will be considered when there is no qualified internal candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicant|
|Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting||http://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/1605|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Résumé / Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter