Experiential Learning Facilitator
Career Development and Experiential Learning
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
Career Development and Experiential Learning (CDEL) is comprised of four merged services including: Career Services, Work Integrated Learning, Co-op, Graduate School or Further Education Planning, and Co-Curricular Services. The department provides education, information, and support in various formats for MacEwan University, students, faculty and staff, employers, community partners, and alumni in the context of student career development.
The Experiential Learning Facilitator is responsible for the following:
• Provision of curriculum advising in the area of experiential learning including Work Integrated Learning (WIL), co-op, community service learning, and co-curricular activities
• Work with faculties and schools to assist in building new cross-over partnerships through which CDEL can support the development of inter-professional, experiential learning opportunities
• Advising programs in regards to policy/regulations/standards such as, for example, insurance coverage for students in placements as well as best practices in these areas
• Supporting professional development and the scholarship of teaching and learning in areas of experiential learning to raise the profile of experiential learning at the University
• Managing partnership engagement in relation to experiential learning - this includes developing agreements with potential placement providers
• Managing employer relations (employer engagement, recruitment, career fairs, etc)
The successful applicant must have a University degree in Adult Education, Experiential Learning (WIL, Co-op) education, Career Development or other relevant discipline accompanied by a plan by the incumbent to continue studies toward a related graduate degree.
• Background in higher education, curriculum development, research, training and teaching adults
• Technological competencies in Microsoft Office Suite, Google, PeopleSoft and experience with MacEwanWorks (ORBIS) or other Career Management software are considered assets
• Excellent organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and a willingness to engage in creative thinking and problem solving.
Experience in the following areas:
• Supervision of practicum, field placement (WIL) or co-op in a postsecondary environment
• Planning and managing projects and events including networking events, seminars or educational fairs
• Planning and facilitating workshops for adults
• Researching and writing or reviewing experiential curricula and training materials
• Writing formal reports and training guides
• Making formal presentations
• Policy reviews
• Data analysis-qualitative for trends and themes
• Program reviews
• Working with employers in a proactive, positive manner to build relationships regarding student placements, summer jobs, employment fairs, networking or speaker events
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Category: Full-Tie Term
Salary: Under Review
Closing Date: Friday, July 22, 2016
Comp. No: 16.07.127
Apply in person/by mail:
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430