Job Opportunity: Employer Development Manager, Science, Information Technology, Engineering (SITE) Co-operative Education Program
Employer Development Manager, Science, Information Technology, Engineering (SITE) Co-operative Education Program, ADM6 Halifax, NS
Discover The Opportunity
Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada’s leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region’s intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 18,800 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that’s celebrating 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.
The Science, Information Technology, Engineering (SITE) Co-operative Education programs at Dalhousie University are responsible for securing and managing quality work term opportunities for over 1,100 students annually in 24 Co-op programs across three faculties. Reporting to the Director, SITE the incumbent will lead and manage the collective efforts of the Employer Team in developing, managing and maintaining employer relationships with local, national and international Co-op employers in order to generate high quality Co-op employment opportunities for Dalhousie students.
- Establish a strategic employer development plan and provide comprehensive customer relationship management so that sufficient high quality Co-op employment opportunities are available for the diverse range of Co-op students in the program.
- Direct the employer development team to ensure activity, targets and expected outcomes are met.
- Monitor and evaluate market trends; consult employers and related stakeholders at the local, regional, national and international level in strategic industrial/business sectors in order to facilitate partnerships, collaboration and alignment with employer co-op recruitment goals.
- Assist the Director with developing and implementing annual Co-op business plans, budgets and annual reports.
- Enhance and manage the current use and functionality of the Co-op information management system, myCareer and other supporting systems, in collaboration with other institutional partners of the system.
- Remain current on work integrated learning and experiential education research, pedagogy and best practices.
Note: Some travel is required.
Qualifications: An undergraduate degree in a related discipline (post-graduate degree such as Master of Business Administration or Master of Public Administration is highly preferred), plus approximately five years progressive experience (i.e. Business Development, Marketing/Sales Management) in business/industry (i.e. Industries related to Science, Information Technology or Engineering). Proven leadership, supervisory and management skills are required. The ability to build teams and manage change; experience managing in a unionized environment is considered an asset. Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaboration, change management, problem solving, networking and relationship building are essential skills. Knowledge and experience in Co-operative Education or education program delivery are considered assets. Candidates must be able to leverage knowledge of labour market trends and employer recruiting needs. Experience working with international students or immigrants in an employment environment is highly preferred
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate proficiency in Dalhousie’s core and leadership competencies https://www.dal.ca/dept/leaders.html , in particular:
- Resource and Process Management
- Thinking and Acting Strategically
- Accountability for Performance and Results
- Change and Innovation
- Respect and Inclusion
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plans, a health spending account, an employee and family assistance program and a tuition assistance program.
Apply online by June 1, 2018 to competition DPMG-18063.
Click here to apply.
Salary Range: $56,923 - $77,013 per annum (ADM-06). This is a provisional classification. Formal classification procedures will be initiated by the Compensation & Job Evaluation Unit in approximately six months. This position is part of the Dalhousie Professional & Managerial Group (DPMG).
Applications from university employees and external candidates are given concurrent consideration. Among short-listed candidates, university employees will be given special consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity
A little bit about us. Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada’s leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region’s intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 18,500 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that’s celebrating 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.