DIRECTOR, EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION
OFFICE OF EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION
Employment Opportunity #147-17.18
The University of New Brunswick is seeking applications for the position of Director, Experiential Education. This is a 3 year term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by the External monies. The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position can be located on the Fredericton or Saint John campus.
The Office of Experiential Education at UNB will serve as the nexus point for the growth and development of experiential learning opportunities at UNB Fredericton and Saint John. The office will be jointly responsible to the Vice-President Academic (Fredericton) and Vice-President Saint John; however, will receive guidance and mentorship directly from the Associate Vice-President Saint John and Associate Vice-President Academic (Learning Environment) in Fredericton. The incumbent would act as an advocate for experiential education on and off campus, and leverage internal expertise, resources and relationships, and serve as a strategic nexus for institutional focus and growth in specific areas of experiential education.
- Develop way to support faculty development and research in this area; undertake outreach, awareness and development initiatives. Provide support and assist in coordinating current decentralized (and well established) functions.
- Work with units, departments and faculties offering experiential education opportunities; and assist in the development and growth of new opportunities. Coordinate an inventory of current experiential learning opportunities at UNB.
- Work with Faculties to support the development of a framework for academic and other credit models or certification of experiential education components.
- Gather and collate reporting, track outcomes and participation based upon a to-be-developed reporting framework, and contribute to an annual report of the provincial experiential education Steering Committee.
- Coordinate marketing and communications to highlight the role of experiential education both within institutions and with partners and the NB public; work with colleagues at other institution to jointly raise the profile of this mandate in NB.
- Work with students in the development of placement opportunities including ensuring the roles and responsibilities of employers and partners are tracked and met.
- Coordinate the implementation of an experiential learning platform or system.
- Establish partnerships and work closely with external stakeholders including the Government of New Brunswick, non-profit sector, employers, and other NB universities.
- Enhance coordination between and among internal and external stakeholders and collaborate with colleagues at the other institutions toward a shared vision of experiential education at New Brunswick universities.
- Assist in coordinating the development of a provincial platform for external partners seeking students or exploring how to develop an opportunity for students.
- Master’s degree in education, business, social sciences or a related field. PhD preferred. 5 – 7 years’ experience in demonstrated project management, coordination, business development, or experiential education projects.
- Experience as a senior administrator, with a strong track record of leadership, innovation, relationship building in a multi-stakeholder environment. Demonstrated leadership and management abilities.
- Experience writing reports for academic, government, and/or business community audiences.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage change and a demonstrated ability to drive innovations from conception through to implementation. Experience working in a university or college setting. Self-directed and able to work independently.
- Experience with ORBIS software platform or other experiential learning tracking software an asset.
- Experience with and understanding of experiential education (co-op, service learning, internships, etc.).
- Superior written and verbal presentation skills, time management and mediation skills and a high level of professional versatility are required.
Closing date for applications, April 3, 2018 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply please click here.