The Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) is seeking a Digital Marketing and Outreach Co-op/Intern for summer 2019 at our Mississauga Headquarters location
The information and communications technology (ICT) sector is the fuel that ignites innovation across all sectors of our economy. ITAC is a long-standing national association representing a diverse membership that is at the forefront of Canada’s digital economy. ITAC prides itself on its efforts around shaping public policy that supports the growth of talent and access to ICT professionals with diverse experience and backgrounds, better reflecting Canada’s population.
ITAC champions the development of a robust and sustainable digital economy in Canada. A vital connection between business and government, we provide our members with the advocacy, networking and professional development services that help them to thrive nationally and compete globally.
A prominent advocate for the expansion of Canada’s innovative capacity, ITAC encourages technology adoption to capitalize on productivity and performance opportunities across all sectors. A member-driven not-for-profit, ITAC has served as the authoritative national voice of the $170 billion ICT industry for over 60 years. More than 36,000 Canadian ICT firms create and supply goods and services that contribute to a more productive, competitive, and innovative society. The ICT sector generates over one million jobs directly and indirectly and invests $4.9 billion annually in R&D, more than any other private sector performer.
While ITAC continues to represent a broad range of multi-national, large, medium and small-sized ICT enterprises spanning telecommunications and internet services, ICT consulting services, hardware, microelectronics, software and electronic content, and so much more – we also welcome members outside of the ICT sector who are making technology a priority. ITAC currently has more than 250 members.
About the Role:
Our rapidly growing marketing team requires a results-oriented digital marketing co-op to take on a variety of responsibilities. If you're eager to learn and show your stuff, this could be your dream role. Our team’s efforts represent the front line of the organization: we manage events, website, social media, and many of the first touchpoints that our markets have with ITAC Talent,
An Important part of these efforts are our paid digital marketing campaigns. These include, but are not limited to, social media and search engine marketing. We’re looking for someone to help us manage these campaigns and also analyze their effectiveness while also helping in other areas as required. This is an individual contributor role that reports to the Director of Communications. If this sounds like your kind of challenge, we want to hear from you.
A passionate and hardworking learner who likes to grow and has the potential to take on additional roles and responsibilities as the business grows. You are proud of your work and being part of a team. You love solving problems and taking on challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Enrollment in an undergraduate Business, Sales & Marketing, Management or other related programs
- 1+ years’ experience in digital marketing and advertising experiences in digital marketing platforms/tools like Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, and others
- Digital Media Creation programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, Powerpoint etc.
- You must also have the skills to create good quality digital content, not just know how to use the programs
- Computer Savvy in other ways like using social media
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Must be able to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across multiple lines of business
- A keen interest in digital marketing and all the pieces that go into it
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The ITAC Talent division encompasses a number of initiatives
- Business Technology Management Forum – btm-forum.org
- Business Technology Management Talent Mash Events www.btmtalentmash.ca
- Career Ready www.itactalent.ca/careerready
- CareerMash Quebec www.itactalent.ca/careermash
- Cybersecurity Talent Alliance itactalent.ca/cta
- AI Pathways
Your work will cover the breadth of these initiatives and you will get an opportunity to develop and explore your strengths in digital marketing by working directly with the Marketing and Communications team. You will:
- Establish relationship with BTM academic institutions to promote the BTM Forum membership and certification.
- Assist in implementing the BTM Forum Marketing Strategy
- Work with the ITAC Events Manager to help promote the BTM TalentMash
- Assist the Career Ready Cybersecurity and AI Pathway teams with community outreach effort.
- For all initiatives:
- Assist in setting up ads and campaigns in platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Google Ads, and others
- Monitoring these campaigns through their respective platform analytics suites and recording results
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on website performance through Google Analytics Assist with ITAC Talent’s email marketing efforts as required
- Capture media (videos/photos) and edit content for promotional materials, social media channels, websites, press releases and email campaigns
- Be involved in our marketing automation efforts, upload lists, support in creating marketing campaigns and general upkeep and data maintenance.
- Provide marketing administration to the marketing team, including metrics reporting and taking down meeting minutes.
HOW YOU’LL GROW:
You’ll be hands-on bringing campaigns to life
Have an opportunity to be exposed to diverse areas of marketing, including events management, advertising, content and website management, and marketing administration
Get an insider view of how a service goes to market and opportunity to help drive this
Weekly 1:1s with your manager and bi-weekly meeting Talent division team
Be involved in the tech community by participating in events
Please forward your resume to Jan Hall firstname.lastname@example.org