Job Title: Design and Technology Coordinator
Full time: 35 hrs per week
Administrative Services VII
Job Requisition #: 998303
Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University has built a reputation on a strong, liberal education foundation. Our vision is to provide an exceptional undergraduate educational experience for our students.
We are a community of engaged citizens, providing personalized, experiential and outcome-based learning in an environment of inclusion, diversity and respect. Through our focus on teaching and learning informed by scholarship, we are preparing our graduates for success in their careers and lives.
Mount Royal University presently offers 12 four-year baccalaureate degrees with 32 majors, with a view to grow this mix to 15 degrees and 50 majors by 2025. Current degree offerings are unique, and include four-year bachelor degrees in interior design, midwifery, child studies and health and physical education, as well as arts, criminal justice, business administration, communication, computer information systems, education, nursing and science. Mount Royal also offers robust continuing education programming as well as an internationally-renowned music conservatory.
More than 13,000 credit students attend Mount Royal University annually, with more than 90,000 Mount Royal alumni contributing to their communities worldwide.
Our faculty provide a teaching and learning environment that welcomes challenging ideas. Our staff are dedicated to supporting our campus so that students are provided with an exceptional educational experience. Our management team provides leadership throughout the University, and inspires others at all levels to be leaders in their own important sectors.
In support of our students, and in response to our broader community, we know that investing in our employees benefits the University as a whole. Talented and committed employees are the driving force behind student success. Our faculty, staff and management are united in creating a thriving learning environment for our students.
Mount Royal University is an exceptional community focused on our people.
About the Department of Career Services
Providing services that complement and support students’ academic experience, Career Services enhances student employability through career education, employment and Co-op/Work Experience programs. Career Services offers a range of services and activities for students, graduates and employers.
About the Role
Reporting to a Work Experience/Co-operative Education Supervisor, the Design and Technology Coordinator provides integral support to the Career Services department in the areas of marketing and communications strategy, graphic design and print production, web design and maintenance, special event and project support, and technology initiatives.
The graphic design and print production aspects of this role include coordinating the implementation of department marketing and communication projects, while adhering to the existing MRU style guide, and creating and producing a diverse range of departmental web, electronic and print-based marketing materials. Coordinating projects within strategic parameters and timelines, this role requires information gathering, design development, and liaising with internal and external designers and suppliers. The Design & Technology Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Mount Royal brand in a visual context.
This role also provides special event and project support for various department level initiatives, including applications management, new technology project implementation, as well as special event marketing and communications support.
Providing back-up support for the department Technology Coordinator and working collaboratively as a member of the database team, this role also provides database application and general technical support to the Career Services department as well as external stakeholders.
Graphic Design, Web and Print Production:
- Design and produce Career Services internal and external marketing and communication materials
- Provide technical writing and information design support for the development of department manuals, handbooks, brochures, forms, or templates, including template or form design, proofreading, editing content to ensure adherence to institutional branding, publication and logo standards.
- Plays the lead role in graphic design, content writing and technical layout for the Career Services website including general and special event web pages and maintaining internal website/online marketing communications
Special Projects and Event Support
- Create content and key messaging for event related marketing initiatives, including social media campaigns, web based and print materials
- Develop and maintain statistical tracking systems and forms, coordinating annual updates, creating and pulling reports, and troubleshooting/ supporting team with technical issues as required.
- Participate on/lead internal department committees, which may be voluntary or assigned/delegated by the Supervisor. May include representing the department at various divisional or institutional level marketing/communication related committees, teams or working groups.
Applications & Technical Support
- Promotes the effective use of the department database application including applications administration, testing, documentation, troubleshooting, department staff training and/or troubleshooting, customer service, and applications maintenance
- support ongoing applications testing and documentation through various phases of development and maintenance, as assigned by department leads
- Coordinate the implementation of new department software; specifically software that is web/cloud based, and requires an adjoining design and communication element
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional education in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications (Information Design) or related field
- 2-3 years experience in graphic design for web and print based production and marketing material development
- Proven track record in collaborating with business leads to design and implement effective strategic marketing and communications initiatives
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite, Google Suite, database, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat) and experience with a CMS is an asset
- Experience with web editing software (Oracle etc.)
- Effective critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills in project management
- Proven success in meeting deadlines; strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects while considering impacts on core business, availability of resources, and timing within the academic year
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team and with various stakeholders including employer, student and staff
- Proven self starter, work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to gather and disseminate information to diverse audiences utilizing a variety of communication methods
- Samples of work will be requested at the interview phase
Salary: $2269.71 Semi-monthly
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Click here to apply.