Coordinator of Experiential Learning in Art and Sciences
Temporary Full-Time Position
In the following text, the masculine form applies to women as well as to men. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not representing an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Bishop's University is seeking an Experiential Learning Coordinator for a temporary full-time position in the Division of Arts & Sciences. Reporting to the Dean of Arts & Sciences, the incumbent will work with professors to develop and oversee relevant learning experiences (primarily, but not exclusively, internships) for students in coordination with organizations within the Eastern Townships and beyond. A key aspect of the position will be identifying internships in francophone organizations for English speaking Quebecers.. This position has a work week of 32.5 hours from Monday to Friday. This position will not exceed two years.
Nature of Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the Arts and Sciences faculty and staff members as well as alumni, businesses, other academic institutions, governmental bodies, and community organizations (primarily, but not exclusively, located in the Eastern Townships) to secure relevant opportunities for internships and other forms of experiential learning;
- Create and maintain a database of experiential learning courses as well as opportunities within and outside of Bishop’s University;
- Promote the experiential learning opportunities in order to recruit a large and diverse pool of potential student interns using a wide variety of communication channels;
- Develop an experiential learning handbook for students and supervisors;
- Support students and supervisors throughout their experiential learning projects;
- Administer experiential learning grants;
- Develop, administer and analyze evaluation surveys for students and supervisors;
- Organize experiential learning events as required.
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline of Arts and/or Sciences;
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French;
- Demonstrated capacity for independent work as well as teamwork;
- Proven capacity for networking;
- Familiarity with organizations in the Eastern Townships and beyond is an asset;
- Project management experience is an asset.
Classification: Class 14 $27.72 to $36.19 per hour (APBU – unionized position)
If interested, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, including what position you are applying for by August 11, 2019 before 4:00 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate has been secured.
Per the Collective Agreement, priority will be given to qualified internal applicants. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and testing may be required; thank you for your interest. We implement an equal access employment / program
under the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies for women, visible minorities, ethnic minority, Aboriginal and disabled people (including the possibility of accommodation during the selection and pre-selection of candidates).