INSTITUTE FOR CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION (ICE)
CO-OP PROGRAM COORDINATOR (P2534A)
Deadline: December 7, 2017
This posting represents a leave replacement effective until December 31, 2021.
Reporting to the Director, Institute for Co-operative Education, the incumbent markets and promotes Concordia’s Co-op program to the business community, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), etc., general public, prospective students and our internal Concordia community. He/she develops employment opportunities for students in the Co-operative Education Programs and/or Industrial Experience programs and guides students in their experiential learning.
- Responsible for a portfolio of programs; help students to secure their work term placements, counsel and coach them on an ongoing basis on matters related to their career, personal and professional development and oversee and monitor student recruitment and admission to graduation.
- Develop and implement job/market development strategies and find co-op employment opportunities for students.
- Promote co-operative education to the business community, Not-for-profit, etc., communities as well as the general public and effectively communicate with them the co-op value, philosophy, process, etc.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all co-op stakeholders to enhance the image and presence of Concordia’s Institute for Co-operative Education.
- Organize and attend outreach activities, networking and industry events.
- Actively engage in recruiting students to the co-op program.
- Proactively develop strategies and activities to help with student retention.
- Deliver and design professional development training of students; design and implement career preparation seminars/workshops.
- Conduct work site visits to monitor student performance, resolve conflicts, and facilitate student and employer satisfaction.
- Review co-op practices and recommend and implement any process improvement at the Co-op.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the primary responsibilities, and two to four years of relevant experience with a proven record in business and market development as well as relationship building.
- Strong business and strategic acumen and knowledge of strategic communications and marketing concepts, principles, methodology and techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging industry requirements and practices.
- Knowledge of co-operative education and experiential learning.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of computers and software applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills; very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken English (high degree of ease and control in spoken English), good knowledge (Level 4) of written English and French and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good team player who has the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize work and multitask.
- Competent in program planning and delivery.
- Presentation and proven networking skills – is effective in a wide variety of formal presentation settings.
- Ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community, demonstrates compassion and genuinely cares for people.
- Knowledge of university environment, culture, processes, academic regulations, etc., an asset.
$65,444.99 - $78,173.81 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 7, 2017. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.