Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada's leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region's intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 18,800 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that celebrated 200 years of academic excellence in 2018.
Graduates of the Faculty of Management are leaders and managers in the business sector, public sector, and civil society who live the Faculty's vision of focusing on sustainability, managing with integrity, and getting things done. The Faculty has been recognized for its innovative, values-based approach to management education and research. Management Career Services (MCS) provides career education and work-integrated learning opportunities for students in the Corporate Residency MBA, Bachelor of Commerce Co-op, and Bachelor of Management programs. Reporting to the Director, Management Career Services, the Career and Recruitment Specialist delivers career development services and resources to students while effectively managing and developing relationships with employers in assigned industries.
- Prepare students for work terms and full-time employment, and monitor work integrated learning experiences.
- Educate and engage students in career development through individual consultation, group facilitated learning, management of learning and development opportunities, and provision of information.
- Liaise with alumni, employers and associations to promote and market students and graduates of the Faculty of Management.
- Work proactively to develop and maintain a valuable network of employers and alumni for the purposes of promoting and introducing our students to the opportunities that exist.
- Assess needs of assigned employers to provide excellent client service and advice on recruitment strategies to connect employers with the appropriate Dalhousie student employment programs and become a trusted recruitment resource to them.
- Maintain valuable connections with the business community; stay up to date with employment trends.
An undergraduate degree plus approximately three to five years' relevant experience in student services/advising, career and recruitment services, coaching, mentoring or work integrated learning is required. Demonstrated communication (written and verbal) skills, and strong organizational skills are required. Must have willingness and ability to learn in a fast paced and changing environment; represent the university in a professional and articulate manner; develop and maintain relevant networks; and to engage a variety of audiences including students, alumni, employers, parents and faculty.
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plans, a health spending account, an employee and family assistance program and a tuition assistance program.
Apply online by January 17, 2019 to competition DPMG-19003.
Salary Range: $50,240 - $67,973 per annum (ADM-05). This is a two (2) year Term position.
This position is part of the Dalhousie Professional & Managerial Group (DPMG).
Applications from university employees and external candidates are given concurrent consideration. Among short-listed candidates, university employees will be given special consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visitwww.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.