As a Campus Engagement Specialist, you will develop and deliver programs to provide our students with knowledge and opportunities to build their professional profile. You will design, develop, deliver and evaluate a full suite of recruitment offerings and career education programs aimed at connecting assigned sector specific employers with students, alumni, and faculty across campus. You will also lead the sourcing of graduate recruitment and experiential learning opportunities by working collaboratively with employers, students, assigned faculty members, and the assigned Career
Education Specialist to ensure alignment between the student’s experience, employer needs, and Faculty curriculum. As the liaison between employer partners and the central Career Centre, you will engage in the development of Faculty-based Career Development Programs and the Centre’s core offerings. Additionally, you will develop stakeholder partnerships and design and implement career education programming tailored to the distinct needs of diverse student and alumni groups.
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree program with at least 4 years’ experience in higher education, community development or graduate recruitment experience is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
- Demonstrated ability to apply professional/specialist recruitment, industry and sector knowledge and experience to develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with external stakeholders to support the Centre’s employer engagement
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills are required in order to build employer relationships and showcase engagement benefits to employers including presentations and 1:1
- Strong knowledge of the labour market and graduate recruitment trends with the ability to interpret and communicate these trends to clients (Students and Alumni, faculty and employers).
- Knowledge of issues related to employment barriers, workplace accommodation, and needs of a diverse client population (e.g., first generation, Aboriginal, adult learners, ).
- An understanding of and willingness to engage in data collection, analysis, and on-going program evaluation as a central component of strategic planning and program
- Knowledge of current/emerging theories and practices in career education and classroom delivery.
- Experience in using social media platforms as communication vehicles for promotional and educational
- Knowledge MS Office, custom databases, Client Relations Management (CRM) systems and web-based applications, social media platforms,
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team
- Entrepreneurial mindset, taking an agile approach to continuous improvement of student offerings.
- Experience in evaluating service delivery methods and approaches along with effective liaison between students, employers and the University
For a complete job description and to apply, see here