COOPERATIVE EDUCATION COORDINATOR
CENTRE FOR WORKPLACE EDUCATION (CO-OP)
BCIT’s Centre for Workplace Education is looking for a regular, full-time Cooperative Education Coordinator to be responsible for placement of co-op students in appropriate training related jobs in industry, evaluation of student’s co-op or experiential learning accomplishments, and academic development of co-op education programs.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Marketing co-op programs to new employers and prospective students.
- Soliciting employers for new and recurring student employment opportunities.
- Career counseling.
- Teaching pre-employment classes.
- Planning and developing co-op education programs.
The Coordinator must maintain communication with students and employers, industry associations and others involved in the co-op education process. The successful candidate must also be able to work flexible hours and travel on occasion.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (ideally in applied sciences, business, engineering or technology); master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a post-secondary Cooperative Education operating environment or five years’ experience in the employment transition services field dealing directly with clients and employers, or equivalent.
- Teaching and curriculum development experience at the post-secondary level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, listening and presentation).
- Knowledge of post-secondary technology and trades programs.
- Planning, organization, coordination and follow up skills.
- Client service oriented and able to work in a collegial environment.
- Proficient in computer applications including MS Office, email, Internet research and database management.
- Extensive marketing experience.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Knowledge of provincial, federal, and international employment and labor policies an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and the use of a dependable vehicle is preferred.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: Anticipated Start Date: June 1, 2018
SALARY RANGE: $51,996 to $91,078 per annum. Salary based on education, experience and placement criteria as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 18SF115
OPENING DATE: April 7, 2018
CLOSING DATE: April 22, 2018
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to present original copies of credentials.
To apply, visit us online at careers.bcit.ca.
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website.