COOPERATIVE EDUCATION COORDINATOR
Under the direction of the TRU Career Education Department, the Coordinator will work in Career Services programming to support students in their career education and development activities. The Coordinator will work with undergraduate and graduate students, alumni, and prospective employers. This work will include individual career counselling and advising; teaching pre-employment career courses / seminars; employer liaison activities and developing employment opportunities with organizations, corporations and agencies; and being involved in the planning and organizing of career related events for students.
The main focus of the position with be working with students through individual career counselling sessions, so a minimum of 25 hours of individual appointment times will be required each week. A thorough understanding of career theory will allow the successful candidate to will work with students to develop career action plans, disseminate labour market information, identify core career competencies, complete a career portfolio, revise resume and cover letters, implement interview strategies, and assist students to make meaning of their education during the transition from school to work.
- Master's degree relevant to Career Education field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience relevant to Career Education field
- Demonstrated instructional skills in a post-secondary setting
- Superior time management, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with diverse populations (including students, employers, faculty, deans, administrators and alumni
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of regional, provincial, national and international labour markets
- Ability to use web-authoring and database programs
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: February 19, 2018 to February 18, 2019
REVIEW DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be reviewed commencing February 9, 2018, and may continue until position is filled.
Please apply here: https://tru.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/10398