COORDINATOR, WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAM
Interior Design Degree - Academic Support VIII
Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will be responsible for representing the Institution, and program to multiple stakeholders. You will establish, maintain and enhance the co-operation necessary among employers, students and faculty to ensure that all partners benefit from participating in the Work Experience component of the Bachelor of Interior Design Degree.
- Develop and implement a strategic local, regional, and national marketing plan in order to contact and engage targeted employers to hire work term students for quality work term settings/opportunities
- Sourcing, developing, and maintaining employer-client relationships to ensure continued participation in the work experience component of the degree
- Building and maintaining effective student relationships and engagement, which include: meeting with students 1:1 and in group settings, delivering an in class professional development course that prepares students to respond to the labour market and guide them in (including but not limited to) preparing resumes and cover letters, self-assessment, interviews, portfolios, and networking and self-marketing tools
- Liaising with faculty to collaborate on program progress, and student development practices that inform and support outcomes-focused learning
- Possess a minimum of five years relevant marketing experience ideally coupled with applicable work experience in recruitment, training, employment development and work-based learning programs preferred
- Familiarity with a broad variety of interior design related industry sectors, organizations, and opportunities
- Post secondary degree in a related field such as Human Resources, Marketing, or Adult Education
- Ability to work effectively with multiple program stakeholders including students, faculty, employers, the department and your team
- Ability to work independently and within self-managed teams
- High aptitude for analysis, decisiveness, problem-solving and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent communication, presentation and classroom and group facilitation skills
- Experience using any type of Contact Management Software an asset
- Must have access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license, limited local travel may be required
ABOUT MOUNT ROYAL:
Come join us in realizing our vision through fostering our students' success and satisfaction in pursuit of their educational goals within a progressive and innovative environment.
- We are an institution with a positive national reputation
- We offer competitive salary and benefits
- We offer many learning and development opportunities (including free courses, self-improvement and skills upgrading).
- We offer state-of-art athletic and Recreation
- We provide an attractive work environment where people matter.
SALARY: Range: 26:2
CLOSING DATE: October 26, 2016
MOUNT ROYAL UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
4825 MOUNT ROYAL GATE S.W.
CALGARY, AB T3E 6K6