Co-op Coordinator - Employer Relations Classification "VI" in the department of Co-op, Career and Employment Services
The Co-op Coordinator – Employer Relations develops co-op placement opportunities for students that fit with designated learning outcomes by designing, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive job development strategy that includes: researching potential employers (their operations, needs, decision makers); actively marketing co-op programs and students to these prospective employers, engaging them in the sales process; building strong ongoing relationships with employers, assisting them through the process of hiring and supervising students. In addition, the Co-op Coordinator – Employer Relations develops and offers workshops, resources and coaching for students regarding the co-op job search process and completes work term assessments with students and employers to gage student progress with the placement and in achieving the desired learning outcomes and expand placement opportunities.
The successful candidate will possess:
• University degree or equivalent post-secondary education
• Familiarity with student development theory
• Familiarity with co-operative education and/or other forms of experiential learning
• Extensive knowledge of employment strategies, the labour market and the local business community
• 2 years full-time work experience in direct sales and demonstrable understanding of sales techniques
• Thorough grasp of the rules and regulations of all University of Windsor co-op programs as well as their academic requirements and curriculum (with particular expertise in the designated program eg. Business)
• Strong computer skills; competency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, internet and database software packages
• Strong communication, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Willingness to travel occasionally
Rate of pay:
Classification “VI” per Schedule A of the collective agreement
Please forward your confidential cover letter and resume, quoting the Ad reference number (2016-13-32), no later than Thursday, November 17th, 2016 - 4:00pm. Applicants are asked to forward their documents to:
Department of Human Resources, University of Windsor
401 Sunset Avenue Windsor, ON N9B 3P4
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the University of Windsor, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applications submitted through employment agencies will not be considered
The University of Windsor is a welcoming community that is committed to equity and supports diversity in its teaching, learning, and work environments. In pursuit of the University's Employment Equity Plan, members from the designated groups (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Sexual Minorities) are encouraged to apply and to self-identify.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Employment Coordinator. Should you require further information on accommodation, please visit the website of the Office of Human Rights, Equity & Accessibility (OHREA).
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.