We are pleased to be a supporting organization for the Cannexus20, Canada’s National Career Development Conference – and be able to pass along a special supporting organization discount. You can take advantage of the Early Bird supporting organization rate of $550 for the 3-day conference. Early Bird deadline is November 6, 2019.
Cannexus is designed to promote the exchange of information and explore innovative approaches in the areas of career counselling and career and workforce development. The conference expects to welcome 1,200 participants from Canada and internationally to the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, January 27-29, 2020.
Conference delegates can listen to three informative and inspirational keynote speakers (Natan Obed, Tristram Hooley and Zita Cobb) and choose from over 150+ education sessions. Topics include effective counselling techniques, labour market information, post-secondary employment, talent management, job search strategies, working with diverse populations and more. More than 40 exhibitors will also bring together organizations highlighting their valuable career development programs and services.
Optional pre-conference workshops will once again each provide in-depth professional development. Workshops take place on Sunday, January 26, 2020. Choose among the following:
- Tristram Hooley, The Careers & Enterprise Company – Career Development for Social Justice: Developing Emancipatory Practice
- Rosie Parnass, Parnass Consulting and Coaching Services – Maintaining a Healthy Work/Life Balance – YES it Is Possible!
- Norman Amundson, University of British Columbia & Andrea Fruhling, Career/Leadership Coach – Career Development Creative Lab – Come Stretch Your Imagination!
- Seanna Quressette, Douglas College – Trauma-Informed Career Development: Concrete Strategies & Tangible Tools
What attendees have had to say about Cannexus:
“As a Cannexus first-timer, I walked away from the conference feeling like I had found “my people.” I love that I was able to find a community of individuals who were as passionate about career development as I was and am leaving with so many new friends and colleagues that I had the pleasure of learning from, over just a few short days.”
- Carol Lam, Co-ordinator, Career Exploration, University of Toronto
For more information and to register, visit www.cannexus.ca.