Benefits of joining
a Work-Integrated Learning program
Work-integrated learning gives students a well-rounded education.
It is an opportunity to expand your knowledge and to practice the latest theories and approaches in your particular discipline, and it also allows you to develop employment skills, explore career options, and network with potential employers, which gives you a competitive edge when entering the workforce.
- Network with professionals from your industry
- Apply your classroom learning
- Develop valuable workplace skills
- Earn money to help with tuition costs
- Explore different career opportunities
- Build on your resume by adding relevant work experience
- Access job postings only available to work-integrated learning students
- Gain perspective on your industry
- Receive guidance and assistance with your job search
Your Ethical Responsibilities:
- Abide by the WIL policies of your institution
- Ensure that employers have accurate information regarding your qualifications
- Notify your WIL office, well in advance, if interviews must be rescheduled or cancelled
- Do not discuss (or mislead employers about) your ranking or job acceptance intentions
- Do not provide information to employers about other students or employers
- Honour your acceptance of employment as a contractual agreement with the employer
Download a complete copy of Recruiting Ethics - Employer, Student, Institution (PDF Acrobat Reader).
View Our Interactive Map of WIL Programs in Canada
* In the map screen, scroll through the list on the left to see all institution members.