Recognition of Accredited Programs
- The chair of the council will inform the senior official who signed the submittal cover page, and copy the applicant, concerning the results of the accreditation review. Once an initial program is accredited, the senior official is requested to appoint an institutional representative to become a member of the accreditation council. For subsequent accreditation of programs within an institution, the CEWIL Canada office will request confirmation of the institution’s representative on council
- Once the institutional representative is identified, the chair sends a letter of welcome, including information about its operational guidelines and expectations of members
- Accreditation members are encouraged to attend accreditation council meetings and to participate on review teams and in special events associated with the council
- An accreditation certificate is sent to the institution, with encouragement to frame and display it in a prominent location
- Program(s) that have been accredited will be listed among accredited institutions in the directory on CEWIL’s website and in any other pertinent publications of the organization in order to provide additional recognition
- The “Accredited by CEWIL Canada” logo will be provided to the institution, with encouragement to include it in program promotional material in order to inform all stakeholders that national quality standards have been achieved
- Accredited programs are recognized in CEWIL Canada's directory and on its website. Successful applicants also receive a certificate for each accredited program, approval to use CEWIL Canada's Accreditation logo, and an invitation to join the Accreditation Council.