Check how many pieces of checked luggage you are allowed to bring on your airline:
- Try to be approximately 25% under the maximum weight limit before you leave to allow for items you will purchase during your work term.
- Check the customs requirements online before you pack as these regulations are continuously updated and may be different in certain countries.
- Pack the following things in your carry-on luggage to prepare yourself in the event your baggage is lost or your flight is cancelled or delayed:
- first aid kit
- prescription medications
- change of clothes
- Do not bring valuables abroad, try to take only necessities.
- If you will be living with a family during your stay abroad, it is a nice gesture to bring them a gift from Canada.