Program: Gearing Up: Developing Mining Talent Through Work-Integrated Learning
Gearing Up is the new WIL Program for Canada’s mining sector. Led by the Mining Industry Human Resources Council (MiHR), Gearing Up will create 850 new WIL opportunities in mining over four years.
For more information please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employers that are Canadian-owned or a Canadian subsidiary
company involved in mining or mineral exploration.
- Post-secondary educational institutions.
- Not-for-profit organizations.
*Complete eligibility requirements are available at MiHR.ca
Requirements for Students:
To participate MiHR’s Gearing Up program, a student must:
- Be registered in a post-secondary STEM or business program that includes work placements/internships/practicum.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person with refugee protection given under the law.
- Be legally able to work in Canada according to the laws and regulations of the province or territory where you live.
To participate in MiHR’s Green Jobs program, a post-secondary graduate must be:
- Between the ages of 18-30 (inclusive) at the start of the job or internship;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada;
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial, territorial and Canadian regulations;
- Not receiving employment insurance (EI) during their employment or internship;
- Available to work full-time for at least 6 months, and;
- First time recipients of funding through the Youth Employment Strategy (YES).
If you are interested in applying to a work placement or if you want to find out more about these programs, we can answer all your questions. Contact us now!
Wage subsidies up to $7,000 will be available to employers who create new WIL opportunities such as co-ops, internships, field placements, applied projects, capstone projects or case competitions.
Click here for more program information.
CEWIL SWPP Contact:
- Terry Coolen – Dalhousie University (U)
- Chris McCarthy – Confederation College (C)
- Download Wage Subsidy sheet
- Program Summary Sheet
- Green Jobs Program - Strengthening the Mining Industry Labour Market (English)
- Programmes d'emplois verts - Renforcer la main d’oeuvre de l’industrie minière