Now Looking for New Members from the Work-Integrated Learning Community!
Join CEWIL Canada if you are a practitioner* working in a co-operative education or work-integrated learning program or an employer with a professional interest in Co-op or WIL wishing to:
- Build a Canada-wide network of Co-op and WIL professionals. Share best practices and join a vibrant community of professional mentors and mentees.
- Communicate with other professionals with common interests.
- Participate in advancing post-secondary co-operative education and work-integrated learning.
- Be informed of the latest developments in employer, government and education partnerships.
- Promote your post-secondary WIL education programs on cewilcanada.ca.
- Enhance your résumé, vitae, or portfolio by getting actively involved in one of the committees of this member-driven organization.
- Gain recognition for your students, your peers or your organization through our annual awards.
- Attain a membership with the World Association for Co-operative Education (WACE) at no additional cost.
- Access “Member Only” networking tools (list serve, CEWIL Café Ten Thousand Coffee community, national Co-op & WIL statistics database, and forum board) on the cewilcanada.ca site.
Our members include administrators, directors, coordinators, managers, faculty, corporate recruiters, and support staff. CEWIL Canada members work in public and private post-secondary institutions (universities and colleges), the corporate community, and government agencies. Normally members are either employees of academic institutions or employer groups.
Respected member organizations should have:
- complementary or compatible activities with those of CEWIL
- a mission, vision and/or values compatible with those of CEWIL
Each CEWIL member and/or member organization will commit to the following CEWIL principles:
- Comply with all applicable Canadian legislation and follow ethical business practices.
- Support all Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) stakeholders, with a commitment to a student’s quality learning experience
- Advance WIL through the development of best practices, research, CEWIL committee participation, and support of the association’s statistical data base
- Abide by CEWIL’s Recruitment Ethics policy
- Promote principles of access, diversity and inclusion, including committing to the following statement: CEWIL Canada acknowledges and affirms the rights of students with disabilities to have equal access to work integrated learning programming. Exceptions to the above will be supported to meet the duty to accommodate and ensure that all students have full and equal access of all human rights and fundamental freedoms.
*Co-op or WIL Practitioner: an individual whose profession it is to facilitate the co-op and or WIL work/study experience for post-secondary students. Normally this professional works for an academic institution.
*Please note that new members must be approved by the association, so please reach out to the CEWIL Canada office, email@example.com, before applying for membership
All memberships expire annually on August 31.
Members who join between June 2 and August 31 will receive membership until August 31 of the following year.