Now Looking for New Members from the Work-Integrated Learning Community!
WIL you Join?
Announcement: On November 14th, 2017, the association voted to expand its mandate to include all forms of Work Integrated Learning. While many of CEWIL Canada’s current members are involved in co-operative education and other forms of WIL, we are actively seeking new members whose portfolio includes forms of WIL, other than or in addition to, co-operative education.
Join CEWIL Canada if you are a practitioner* working in a co-operative education or work-integrated learning program or an employer with a professional interest in Co-op or WIL wishing to:
- Build a Canada-wide network of Co-op and WIL professionals. Share best practices and join a vibrant community of professional mentors and mentees.
- Communicate with other professionals with common interests.
- Participate in advancing post-secondary co-operative education and work-integrated learning.
- Be informed of the latest developments in employer, government and education partnerships.
- Promote your post-secondary Co-operative or WIL education programs on cewilcanada.ca.
- Enhance your résumé, vitae, or portfolio by getting actively involved in one of the committees of this member-driven organization.
- Gain recognition for your students, your peers or your organization through our annual awards.
- Attain a membership with the World Association for Co-operative Education (WACE) at no extra cost.
- Access “Member Only” networking tools (list serve, CEWIL Café Ten Thousand Coffee community, national Co-op & WIL statistics database, and forum board) on the cewilcanada.ca site.
Our members include administrators, directors, coordinators, managers, faculty, corporate recruiters, and support staff. CEWIL Canada members work in public and private post-secondary institutions (universities and colleges), the corporate community, and government agencies. Normally members are either employees of academic institutions or employer groups.
*Co-op or WIL Practitioner: an individual whose profession it is to facilitate the co-op and or WIL work/study experience for post-secondary students. Normally this professional works for an academic institution.
*Please note that new members must be approved by the association, so please reach out to the CEWIL Canada office, firstname.lastname@example.org, before applying for membership
All memberships expire annually on August 31.
New Members Only! Join during the months of March-August and pay half the membership fee!