Program: MaRS Student Work-Integrated Learning (WIL)
Organizations in Canada looking to hire within biotechnology or information and communication technology.
To be eligible for the program, your organization must meet the following requirements:
- Your opportunities are in the fields of technology and business
- Your selected student has never been an employee of your organization
- You will employ the student for a minimum 12-week, full-time work opportunity
To foster a diverse and inclusive workplace, weâ€™ll be focusing on attracting students of all ages from underrepresented groups, including female STEM students, students with disabilities, recent immigrants, Indigenous youth and first-year students.
Scaling ventures and corporations are encouraged to hire students through the Student Work Placement program. If interested, your organization must offer a minimum 12-week placement and hire students that have never been employees of your organization.
Requirements for Students:
To qualify for the program, students must be:
- Enrolled in full-time studies with an eligible Canadian post-secondary education institution;
- Studying in fields related to science, technology, engineering, mathematics and/or business;
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person to whom refugee protected has been conferred; and
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Eligible employers are entitled to receive a wage subsidy of up to 50 per cent of wage cost for the placement (to a maximum of $5,000 per placement) and up to 70 per cent (to a maximum of $7,000 per placement) for under-represented groups, including first-year students, women in STEM, indigenous students, persons with disabilities and newcomers.
Does the employer need to have a candidate before hiring?
How to apply:
If you’re interested in hiring a student, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or download our employer guide:
- English PDF: https://talentdevelopment.marsdd.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/WIL-For-Employers-EN-July-2018.pdf
- French PDF: https://talentdevelopment.marsdd.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/WIL-For-Employers-FR-July-2018.pdf
Contact MaRS Discovery District for information about deadlines at email@example.com. For more details on MaRS's Student Work Placement Program visit: https://talentdevelopment.marsdd.com/student-work-placement-program/.
CEWIL SWPP Contact:
Kitty Runstedler - Conestoga College (C)
2018 Webinar: MaRS Discovery District