Mandate: The International Committee functions as a working committee to coordinate international CEWIL Canada initiatives that support the mobility of co-operative education and work-integrated learning students abroad and in the United States. To this end, the committee focuses on the following initiatives:
- Developing partnerships with various service providers to obtain preferred rates for students from CEWIL Canada member organizations who are going on international work terms.
- Developing resources to support international students in co-operative education and work-integrated learning programs in understanding and preparing for the Canadian workplace, and accessing resources available on Canadian campuses to assist international students.
- Developing website content to support both outbound student mobility and inbound international students
- Developing proposals and projects to support outbound international work terms, including, but not limited to, funding and scholarships, student recognition and awards, etc.
- Chair: Shabnam (Shay) Surjitsingh Ivković, University of Waterloo
- Board Representative: Ross Johnston, University of Waterloo
- Melanie Richardson, Centennial College
- Frederick A Francis, Concordia University
- Veronica Ennett, Dalhousie University
- Anil Raheja, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Lisa Russell, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Amy Lee, Simon Fraser University
- Javed Iqbal, University of British Columbia
- Jenny Cruickshank, University of Calgary
- Heather Hacior, University of Lethbridge
- Marc-André Daoust, University of Ottawa
- Karima Ramji, University of Victoria
- Mami Schouten, University of Victoria
- Shabnam (Shay) Ivković, University of Waterloo
- Jessica Adkin, University of Winnipeg
- Laurie Lahn, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Marlène Canuel, Bishops’ University
If you are interested in joining the Committee, please contact .