Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium
WILWorks – Connecting the Next Generation to Advanced Manufacturing
Canada's manufacturing and related sub-sector and supply chain employers (i.e. North American Industry Classification - NAICS codes 31-33)
Requirements for Students:
- Registered full-time or part-time in a publicly funded Canadian post-secondary institution in any program
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
$5000-$7000 per placement
- 50% wage subsidy (up to $5000) per new placement
- 70% wage subsidy (up to $7000) for students from underrepresented groups (first-year students, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, recent immigrants, women in STEM)
*Temporary COVID relief measure offers 75% (up to $7500) per placement until March 31, 2020.
Does the employer need to have a candidate before hiring?
Employers do not have to have a candidate hired before applying for the wage subsidy. Please note, the application must be approved, and an agreement signed with EMC before the student begins employment. Subsidies cannot be applied retroactively.
How to apply:
To apply please visit the WILWorks platform.
For more information on EMC’s WILWorks Student Work Placement Program visit click here.