English | Français
Join CAFCE Today

Co-op Program Directory

The Co-operative Education Directory is a comprehensive listing of the post-secondary co-operative education programs of member institutions in Canada.




Make sure you and someone at home has copies of all your important documents (passport, visa, driver's license, credit cards, health insurance, etc).


Your passport must be valid for 6 months after your tentative return date. Give yourself adequate time to get a passport or renew your current passport if necessary. http://www.ppt.gc.ca/.

Visa and Work Permit

It is imperative that you obtain the proper permission and documentation before leaving to work abroad. Each country has their own rules and processes for obtaining these documents, therefore contact your host countries Canadian embassy or consulate. They will inform you on what immigration documents you will need to enter the country, the application procedures, fees and time-lead required. You should obtain this information and start the application process as soon as possible.

The International Experience Canada program offered by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada makes it easier to get a work permit in several countries. http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/index.aspx

International Driving Permit (IDP)

Depending on your situation you may want to or be required to operate a vehicle on your work term. In order to legally do so you should apply for an IDP, which is an international driver's license that is valid for a year. With this license you can drive a car outside of Canada. http://www.caa.ca/travelling/idp-2/