Benefits of Hiring a Work-Integrated Learning Student
- Students bring new ideas, fresh perspectives, and enthusiasm to the workplace.
- WIL programs offer access to diversely talented and highly motivated students and sometimes aid in vetting students before the hiring process begins, which reduces recruiting costs.
- WIL students are short-term employees, which can be helpful to businesses in temporary times of need.
- WIL terms may be an opportunity to evaluate a potential long-term employee before committing: many employers choose to hire co-op students after graduation.
- WIL students can work on a wide range of assignments, from specific projects to general support: see What Can Students Do For You? for examples.