Job Opportunity: Experiential Learning Systems & Systems Administrator
Reporting to the Director, YU Experience Hub the incumbent works across all Faculty departments to create consistent technical process and data tracking as well as project management, data analysis and technical operations support. The incumbent will be responsible for the administration of the departments web-based database and electronic application portal (e.g., experiential learning software) and related processes.
University degree in a related field or four years recent experience (defined as within the last five years) working at York University performing the same or similar tasks. This education equivalency is in addition to the experiential requirements outlined below. Certificate in Project Management preferred.
Minimum of five years of progressive and recent experience of database administration. Experience in Project Management required.
- Proven ability to identify business requirements, define strategies, develop metrics, and implement practical business solutions under strict deadlines.
- Technical aptitude with CRM web-based database systems and social media. Experience with experiential learning software systems such as Orbis preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear, understandable written and oral documentation and presentations for systems, processes, proposals, procedures, models, and designsfor a variety of audiences.
- Ability to understand and communicate the capabilities of the Experiential Learning software(administration, configuration and customization), including strategies and deliverables required for successful implementation and end-user adoption.
- Advanced understanding office productivity applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access.
- Demonstrated ability to work with databases to extract and analyze data (such as MSSQj. Server, or MySQJ), create ad-hoc queries, and compile and interpret data from a variety of sources, knowledge of IBM SPSS predictive analytics software.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the proven ability to deliver projects on time and on budget, and independently design, implement, manage, and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
Please note: This position requires the candidate to produce a verification of degree(s), credentials(s), or equivalencies from accredited institutions and/or international equivalents at the time of interview.
Hours of work: 8:30am-4:30pm.
Access Full Position Posting