CEWIL Canada is actively shaping the future of work-integrated learning in Canada through advocacy and collaboration with major WIL stakeholders. This work is led by the Government and External Relations Committee.
To learn more about our actions in the past year including our positions on labour standards for interns in federally regulated workplaces, the federal government’s role in supporting work-integrated learning, and our national conversations on work-integrated learning, please see the links below. Please direct any inquiries regarding CEWIL’s positions or advocacy efforts to email@example.com.
- CEWIL Network of Networks meeting – using the WatCACE WIL Quality Framework to determine Aims, Actions and Achievements of major WIL associations – November 16, 2018, Toronto, ON
- Submission to Labour Standards Policy Team, Workplace Directorate regarding “Labour Standards for Interns in Federally Regulated Workplaces under Part III of the Canadian Labour Code” – September 26, 2018, Ottawa, ON
- Supporting the call for a national strategy for work-integrated learning and articulating the importance of CEWIL in establishing a national strategy – September 2018
- 2nd National Conversation on Work-Integrated Learning – August 2, 2018, Montreal, QC
- Public Service Commission/CEWIL joint meeting – August 1, 2018, Montreal, QC
- Submission to Standing Committee on Finance (FINA) on behalf of CEWIL – July 2018
- Submission and presentation to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities – Study on Experiential Learning and Pathways to Employment – May 9, 2018, Ottawa, ON
- 1st National Conversation on Work-Integrated Learning – February 16, 2018, Toronto, ON