CAFCE Research Grant & Submission Guide
CAFCE Research Grant
The CAFCE Research Grant (value: $5000 CDN) was established in 2006 to promote research that helps to strengthen the development of co-operative education across Canada. The field of co-operative education benefits from research that provides a deeper understanding of what engages, encourages, and enriches students, faculty, employers, and staff, as well as studies which analyze various co-op practices and their outcomes. The Grant is available to all co-op practitioners and researchers.
Why should you consider applying?
- Connect and collaborate with colleagues across Canada
- Produce and share meaningful co-operative education-related research
- Obtain expert feedback, support and motivation to move forward with your ideas
- Build co-operative education credibility within your own institution
- Elevate you and your institution’s involvement in co-operative education
- Provide a jumpstart for analysis and action in your own co-op program
- Extend your continuing education (Masters, PhD) research in new directions
- Contribute to CAFCE’s and Canada’s leadership in the domain of work-integrated learning and co-operative education.
The Canadian Association for Co-operative Education (CAFCE) seeks to foster research activity that will advance and enhance co-operative education across Canada. Research will strengthen the development of co-operative education as a learning model, stimulate professional discourse, and help build bridges between co-op practitioners and the academic research community. As part of this mandate CAFCE established the Co-operative Education Research Grant in 2006. By establishing this grant, CAFCE is better able to:
- Identify, promote, and support co-operative education research activity
- Connect practitioners' needs to potential research opportunities
- Link co-operative education researchers across Canada and globally
- Mentor those conducting co-operative education research projects and inspire others to consider such projects
Download: CAFCE Research Grant Submission Guide
Submission Deadlines : 2017 - Friday, March 31/ 2018 - Friday, March 30
Please submit your electronic copy of the proposal to the Research Chair, .