As you likely know, the CAFCE board and membership have worked over the past year toward expanding CAFCE’s mandate to include other forms of work-integrated learning. At the recent AGM on November 15, the membership overwhelmingly approved the mandate to “expand the objects of the corporation to include work-integrated learning”. Also, the membership approved an exciting name change from CAFCE to Co-operative Education & Work-Integrated Learning Canada (CEWIL Canada) / L’Enseignement Cooperatif et L’Apprentissage en Milieu de Travail Canada.
With this expanded mandate, I invite you, on behalf of CEWIL Canada’s Nominating and Awards Committee, to please consider sharing your time and expertise by volunteering as a member of the CEWIL Canada Board of Directors. Nominations are being accepted for two new Board positions for a period starting in January 2018 and continuing to the AGM in October 2018:
- Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) College Director-at-Large; and
- Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) University Director-at-Large.
Serving on the CEWIL Canada Board of Directors is an opportunity to participate in the management of our National Association and to play a role in the future of co-operative education and work-integrated learning (WIL). It is a very exciting time to be part of the Board of Directors!
The function of the Board of Directors shall include, but not be limited to:
- Furthering the objectives and mandate of CEWIL Canada;
- Representing the membership;
- Administering the business of CEWIL Canada between meetings of the board and the members;
- Formulating policies, regulations and practices to govern the activities of CEWIL Canada; and
- Directing the execution of the policies, regulations and practices.
Candidates must be CEWIL Canada members in good standing and currently hold a Director or Manager role at their own institution with a portfolio that includes forms of WIL, other than or in addition to, co-operative education. Candidates require their employer's support to invest the financial and time commitment to assume the responsibility of their Board position.
Please feel free to contact the CEWIL Canada Office at email@example.com should you have questions or concerns.
Chair, Nominating and Awards Committee (2017/18)
Past President, CAFCE/CEWIL